Pan Roast Chicken with White Wine Sauce
For the Chicken
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 75ml/2½fl oz white wine
- 2 tbsp Lakeshore Irish Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 4 chicken breasts, bones removed, skin on
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lakeshore Irish Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz white wine
- 350ml/12oz crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp Lakeshore wholegrain mustard
- For the chicken, place the lemon zest, garlic, thyme and wine into a bowl and mix well.
- Smear the marinade mixture over the flesh of the chicken to cover, then place flesh-side down in a dish and place in the fridge to marinate for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 230C/445F/Gas 8.
- Place a large, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the rapeseed oil and the chicken breasts skin-side down. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden-brown, then turn the chicken over and transfer to the oven to roast for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through and tender
- To make the sauce, heat a small frying pan over a low heat. When warm add the rapeseed oil and shallots and fry for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the wine, bring to the boil and reduce the liquid volume by a third.
- Add the crème fraîche and wholegrain mustard, reduce the heat and warm the sauce through.
- To serve, place the chicken onto a warm plate and spoon over the sauce.